About the AEB
The Association of European Businesses represents and promotes the interests of European companies conducting business in and with the Russian Federation.
The AEB carries out activities to improve the Russian business and trade environment and to promote economic integration and partnership between the Russian Federation and the European Union.
On 17 April 2014, during the Annual General Meeting, the General Assembly elected members of the AEB Board and the Auditing Commission.
The members of the newly elected AEB Board are:
Akim, Michael – ABB Russia
The members elected to the Auditing Commission are:
Guskov, Alexander - IBFS united
Moreover, the General Assembly approved Annual Report 2013, Financial Report 2013, Budget 2015. Changes to the AEB Charter and Board rules were also approved.
Following a well-established tradition, the AEB North-Western Regional Committee organized a World Bank briefing based on the World Bank’s “Russia Economic Report #31”. The briefing took place at the Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg on 10 April 2014. Participants were able to listen to Birgit Hansl, Lead Economist, Country Sector Coordinator for the Russian Federation as well as Mikhail Matyushin.
This time, the Russia Economic Report #31 focused on:
On 10 April 2014, the AEB hold its Second Energy Efficiency Speed Dating organized by the AEB Energy Efficiency Committee.
The following topics were raised at the event:
- Save Energy?
- Increase your Quality of Energy?
- Finance your Energy Efficient Investment?
- Decrease your Operating Expenses?
- Improve working conditions and increase life expectancy of your investments?
- Meet your “Green” objectives assigned by your shareholders, managers and / or customers?
Within an innovative “straight to the point” 10 minutes format, our member companies introduced their solutions and ways to solve their Energy Efficiency burden.
The participants of the event were connected to the leading Russia operating Western companies on Energy Efficiency from ESCO (financing) and project management to material and building suppliers.
The sponsor of the event was Bayer AG.
- 22.04.2014 09:30 AEB Webinar «Growing from small to medium sized company: business and administrative aspects», 22 April 2014, EBRD Conference Centre AEB Open event
- 23.04.2014 09:00 AEB Taxation Committee open event: ”Deoffshorization prospects: consequences for international companies in Russia” AEB Open event
- 23.04.2014 11:00 Briefing by RF Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov AEB Open event
- 24.04.2014 15:00 AEB Events: HR Debates ”General Manager at the Age of 30. Is this the Future?” AEB Open event
- 25.04.2014 14:00 AEB Open Event: “Transport Infrastructure of Moscow: which way?” AEB Open event