The information on this site is intended solely for the personal non-commercial, non-medical or personal hygiene use of the user who accepts full responsibility for its use. 
While we have taken every precaution to ensure that the content of this site is both current and accurate, errors can occur. The information contained in this site is general in nature and should not be considered to be legal, healthcare, epidemic, tax, accounting, consulting or any other professional advice. In all cases you should consult with professionals familiar with your particular factual situation for advice concerning specific matters before making any decisions. The materials of AEB information partners and the data on hyperlink websites may not reflect opinions of AEB. AEB is not liable and will not accept any responsibility with regard to any action or abstention from action related to information contained in this site.

Who can apply for AEB support?

For capacity reasons, only HQS from AEB members can receive full AEB support (additional clarifications, updates etc.). Non-member companies should apply to their national business chambers/associations or national embassies. 

Who can enter the Russian Federation?

Highly Qualified Specialists (HQS) or foreign citizens participating in the adjustment and maintenance of foreign-made equipment can enter Russia after approval of by their respective sectoral ministry and communication of travel details to the FSB and Russian Aviation Authority (Rosaviatsia).

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms that are less common and may affect some patients include aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell or a rash on skin or discoloration of fingers or toes. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but only have very mild symptoms.

Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing hospital treatment. Around 1 out of every 5 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart and lung problems, diabetes, or cancer, are at higher risk of developing serious illness.  However, anyone can catch COVID-19 and become seriously ill.  People of all ages who experience fever and/or  cough associated with difficulty breathing/shortness of breath, chest pain/pressure, or loss of speech or movement should seek medical attention immediately. If possible, it is recommended to call the health care provider or facility first, so the patient can be directed to the right clinic.

Can I apply for re-entry on my own?

Yes, companies can address such requests to their respective profile (sectoral) ministries at least 14 days prior to arrival. The applications shall include copies of the following documents for HQS: 

- a passport,
- visa (if any),
- valid employment contract or civil contract with an employer or customer,
- work permit (if any);

for specialists involved in the adjustment and maintenance of foreign-made equipment:

- passport,
- visa (if any),
- purchase contract, employment contract or a civil contract with an employer or customer,
- work permit (if any).

In the absence of a work visa or an employment contract, the company in its request to the relevant ministry indicates a request for assistance in issuing an invitation to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.

How long does it take after exposure to COVID-19 to develop symptoms?

The time between exposure to COVID-19 and the moment when symptoms start is commonly around five to six days but can range from 1 – 14 days.


How to identify company’s profile (sectoral) ministry?

The sectoral ministry (in charge of the industry or the area of company’s activity) can be determined based on the main type of its activity according to the OKVED (all-Russian register of economic activities)

How long does the virus survive on surfaces?

The most important thing to know about coronavirus on surfaces is that they can easily be cleaned with common household disinfectants that will kill the virus. Studies have shown that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to 72 hours on plastic and stainless steel, less than 4 hours on copper and less than 24 hours on cardboard.

As, always clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.

Where to get vaccinated against coronavirus?

Currently, vaccines for the prevention of infection with a new coronavirus have not been developed, Russian and foreign scientists are developing it.

The test for the presence of coronavirus is carried out at will or according to indications?

The resident of Moscow are tested for free for the presence of immunity to the coronavirus. Anyone over 18 years of age can take the test if they have a Moscow compulsory medical insurance policy.

What are the requirements when crossing the Russian border?

When crossing borders, compliance with potential self-isolation rules in force in different countries may be required:


Please note that there may be difficulties on the border with Belarus, queues at the checkpoint. In Belarus, persons arriving from countries not included in the List shall not observe self-isolation for 14 calendar days.


Entry is allowed for citizens from the listed countries: https://urm.lt/default/en/important-covid19. Individuals arriving in Lithuania from countries affected by COVID-19 are required to self-isolate for 14 days. 


Entry is allowed for citizens from the listed countries: https://moscow.mfa.ee/ru/obnovlennaja-informacija-o-vozmozhnostah-pojezdok-i-o-trebovanii-izolacii-dla-pribyvajushhih-iz-jevropy-po-sostojaniju-na-6-ijula/. Individuals arriving in Estonia from countries affected by COVID-19 are required to self-isolate for 14 days. 


Individuals arriving in Finland from countries affected by COVID-19 are required to self-isolate for 14 days. 


We do not recommend to cross Russia-Ukraine border

Kaliningrad region

14 days of self-isolation is required in Kaliningrad. Also, when flying from Kaliningrad to Moscow or St. Peters-burg, you need to go through border control again. We also recommend that all HQS carry the above-mentioned set of documents.

Resolution of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation of 03/30/2020 N 9.

What if the date of entry was changed?

If the date of entry specified earlier was changed you must reapply for entry permission.

Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 16, 2020 N 635-r.

Where can I get information re: regular or evacuation flights?

For detailed information we recommend to directly contact airline offices. The Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country of Residence or the latter’s Embassy in the Russian Federation as well as the Federal Air Transport Agency may also help.

Can an HQS from listed countries enter Russia without additional approval?

No, despite the resumption of international flight connection and the general entry allowance given to listed countries (currently the UK, Switzerland, Turkey, and Tanzania), HQS still must comply with special list request procedure established for them.

Can I use public transport to get home from the airport?

No, only corporate or private transport is allowed.

Where do I need to self-isolate in case my city / airport of arrival is not my final destination?

If your city / airport of arrival is not your final destination, you have to self-isolate for 14 days of in the city / region where you cross the border of the Russian Federation, e.g. if you enter Russia at a capital airport, you need to undergo isolation in Moscow or the Moscow region, if you enter via Kaliningrad region, you need to self-isolate there before you can continue to mainland Russia. 

Resolution of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation of 03/30/2020 N 9.

What documents do I need when crossing the border?

An HQS, included in an approved AEB list, should carry the following documents:

- valid travel documents (passport, visa),
- negative COVID-19 test in English or Russian,
- an original / certified copy of the employment contract,
- work permit,
- a copy of the apartment rental agreement.

Contact person: Olga Silnitskaya olga.silnitskaya@aebrus.ru
Should you have any COVID-19 related questions please write to COVID19@aebrus.ru